Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Keeping Your Goals & Motivation

User posted question!!! "How to stay motivated and achieving your goals" ......... YAY! This is one I have strong feelings for as I just went through this whole phase in my life!! So here it goes!

After I had Ashlynn I was easily discouraged and didn't think I would ever make it to school. I had taken a year off between graduating high school and going to college, I had applied, but I hadn't done any of the requirements, I was honestly scared to death. I was supposed to start in January '11. Due to lack of child support and the fact I had to take 3 months off for maternity leave right before, I was sooo broke I couldn't do it. I was really upset, and I kept postponing it because I was afraid of failing. I did all the easy things little by little, but when it came to my big test I was SO afraid! I had studied before I had Ashlynn, and I thought I was doomed to fail, after I had heard horror stories from my friends who had failed it. But, my mom and sister pushed me to try and just do it, and so I studied again for the week and half prior, and went into that testing center prepared to fail. I went in and it was easier then I was expecting, which was good but I was so nervous. I walked out to get my results and when the lady told me how good I did I instantly felt 1309583049584 times better!!!! Point being, set your goals high, but possible. Only allow others who support your lifestyle choices and goals be in your life; if someone is going to be a "negative nelly" in your life, REMOVE them!! You can really do anything you push yourself to do. If you believe in it, then you can make it happen. It may take time, and lots of baby steps, but you will get there one way or another! There are always going to be 3 people that believe in you: God, me, and yourself. You should never lose the faith you have in yourself because you are who you make yourself! My motto for life is "Hope, Faith, and Love" if you have all of those things, you can get anywhere and do anything. So don't give up. You've got a great team on your side :] <3 Lisa

1 comment: