Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ear Piercing, Life After Boobs/Bottles, and Choices

So this blog is kind of a mishmash of topics that have been submitted today so I am going to try to address them all, this may get long and crazy, so bear with me... Also, in other exciting news, my sister will be writing a medical mini-blog in the next few days.... so that's exciting! Keep on the lookout for that!! So here it goes!

People who pierce their child's ears.... I already know this is controversial so, here it goes! I do not believe in piercing your children's ears until they are old enough (like 5) not to choke on them, or eat them or something scary like that. I have heard way too many horror stories of children losing the backs inside their ears, or swallowing pieces of them. Babies + sharp objects do not mix... so why would you put them in your child's body parts!! Why would you put your child through that pain when they are a baby? Ouch..... So to me, don't do it. Wait until they have a say in it, and are old enough to know not to choke on them, or be in danger from them.

Nutrition after bottles/breastfeeding: You can use the toddler formula with milk for added nutrition, or use whole milk or 2% milk. Baby food and any table food your child tolerates is just fine. Just make sure they are getting all of their food groups and you are fine! Ask your doctor or WIC office if you are concerned your child is missing out on something.

Choices... This is a tough one! Well, not really but for others yes. I was asked if my choice to keep Ashlynn was a hard one. My answer; no, not at all. I knew from the moment I was pregnant that she was mine and I loved her. (well, him or her! but I thought she was a girl!) There was never a moment where I doubted that I wanted her. I would have never put her up for adoption. For some people adoption is the best choice. If you aren't ready to give up your lifestyle or you are incapable of providing a good life for your child then sometimes adoption is the right choice. You have to weigh the choices that are right for you. Everyone is different, so meet with a counselor, and think everything through very closely. Not everybody is ready to be a parent, so consider your options.

Make sure you go follow on twitter @TeenMomBlog and on facebook "The Life of a Single Teen Mom" Thanks for reading and keep commenting and posting your topics! <3 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment