Wednesday, October 19, 2011

College, Mommy-hood, Pages, Oh My!

So, as MOST of you have noticed I have been sparse lately, well, this is due to the fact that I am a FULL time nursing college student and single mother, and working from home as well as trying to maintain some form of a social life! Oh, and most importantly devoting my life to serving God. I may or may not have mentioned this before, but the whole reason I began blogging and my facebook page was because of this calling that God was yelling me in the face with. To reach out, to help others, to offer advice, to be there when someone needed it. When I was younger, I had that person in my life, who saved me from myself. I no longer talk to them, I haven't for years but they really saved me. I haven't always been close to God, in fact for a very long time, I pushed him out of my life, I thought I didn't need him, I was 14, until I was about 17, I realized that I needed God to get through my pregnancy, after that, he was pushed out until about January. I didn't pull him as close as I should have until not too long before I started this page/blog. I more recently, soon before I started college, really gave my life and promise to God. He is who I work for, live for and serve for. I have gotten the complaint my page has gotten too "christian-y" but that's me now, I am not going to hide it, and in fact I'd love to guide anyone to God who is willing. It's amazing how much easier life gets when you have someone who is always by your side, no matter what you do, you will always be forgiven by God. So if anyone wants to talk to me about this, I would love to council. It's part of my new goals. As well as college, which has been eating up a good portion of my time, but the good payoff? Straight A's!! So all the time I spend burning my brain out has been paying off! Which is exciting, at least to me haha! People have been asking me how I manage everything I do? I run 2 home businesses as well, which usually get done on weekends, when Ashlynn is at her dad's and when I have a slight break from homework!! I have been working on planning my days out in advance, I set aside time for each task that needs to be completed, and I ask for help from my parents to babysit when I have extra studying to be done. Time management is key these days! When I find time for my page? It's not as much as I like and a lot of the time I check it quick on my phone between classes or over lunch, and I try my best to keep up but it doesn't always happen everyday. Right now I should be studying for anatomy and doing my workbook, but I felt I really needed to get a new message out to my readers/followers. My life is crazy, and that's what you get for being a parent at a young age, but would I change a thing? I don't think so. I love college, and I love my daughter, even when things get tough, I know I am blessed and God has my back! It's all part of a greater plan and I'm along for the ride wherever it takes me now! So don't stress, and give it to God, he's got this!! No matter how busy I am I never ignore an email, so if you feel like you need that encouragement right now, or whenever and you need somebody, EMAIL ME! I may not know you, but I am here to listen, and help the best I can! That's just me, it's what I do and who I am. I would do anything for just about anyone, so please please please email me if you need that! thelifeofasingleteenmom@gmail.com .... do it! (No pressure :P) But seriously, I am here, whenever and however I can be! I love you all! ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment